In December 2009, the Joomla! community was asked to nominate new Open Source Matters (OSM) board members.
OSM is entrusted with providing organisational, legal, and financial support for the Joomla! project.
With those serious responsibilities and the recent departure of two long-serving board members, the decision has been made to expand the board once more.
We are looking for your nominations for new OSM board members.
We acknowledge that the greater worldwide Joomla! community can help us a lot in this election process, and make us aware of potential candidates we may overlook.
We are looking for up to seven new board members. Several will be general board members but we're also looking for three people capable of fulfilling specific positions including:
- Treasurer: responsible for ensuring that all expenditures are explained., verifing that all expenses have been properly authorized and that there is adequate documentation of expenses on file. Prepare budget and maintain financial records.
- Capital Chair: responsible for managing Joomla!’s fundraising. Tasks include working with OSM’s current partners, manging the Joomla sponsorship program and finding new partners capable of supporting the project.
- Developer Liaision: responsible for manging OSM’s connections with the Joomla! developer community.
We are looking to recruit the very best and the brightest members in the Joomla! community. These are some of the criteria that will be used when evaluating nominations:
- Community: the nominee should have a strong track-record of successfully collaborating with, enabling others and earning the respect of the Joomla! community.
- Character: the nominee should have proven themselves a person of high character, with a history of acting honestly, fairly and openly when in leadership roles.
- Experience and Expertise: if the nominee is being proposed for a specific role, they should have strong experience and expertise in that area.
- Success: the nominee should be able to point to a history of success and leaving previous roles in a better state than when they arrived.
- Diversity: to work towards gender balance and cultural diversity, we are committed to seeking nominations from talented members of the Joomla! community who are female and / or are fluent speakers of languages or than English.
- Nominations close: September 10 at 12:00 UTC
- Appointments announced: October 1